Phone: (703) 790-1911
Fax: (703) 848-2530
Juan’s practice has specialized for more than 25 years in the representation of large condominium and homeowners’ associations throughout Virginia, particularly in the Washington metro area. A typical client will be relatively large (over 500 residences) and will be dealing with a wide variety of issues that often include:
• Creating and maintaining a proper governance structure, including training for new Board members
• Negotiating and drafting contracts for all types of contractor and subcontractor services, including property management companies, builders, security companies, landscapers and recreational facility managers
• Defending against employment disputes and housing discrimination claims
• Pursuing claims against the developer
• Handling construction defect and construction warranty claims
• Converting commercial property into condominium and co-operative ownership
• Ensuring effective interaction with local governments to approve site plans and amendments to site plans, special permits, zoning and special use exemptions
• Land sales and purchases for expansion, boundary disputes, easements and other land use disputes
• Juan and his team of associates and paralegals represent more than 300 clients, many of whom have been with him since they were first being turned over from developer control.
• Graduate, with honors, Georgetown University
• Graduate, with honors, Georgetown University Law Center
• Author, “The Crime Victim in the Prosecutorial Process, “ Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy Studies, 1986,cited in 1998 U.S. Senate hearing on the criminal justice system
• Barred in Virginia
• Peer-rated 'preeminent' by Martindale-Hubbell, 2011 - 2013.
• Named to the “Top Lawyers” list for Homeowners' Association Law by Northern Virginia Magazine (December 2011)
DISCLAIMER: THE RESULTS OF ANY LEGAL ACTION DEPEND UPON FACTS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. NEITHER REESBROOME, PC, NOR ITS ATTORNEYS GUARANTEE OR PREDICT SIMILAR RESULTS IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY REESBROOME, PC OR ANY OF ITS ATTORNEYS.