Phone: (703) 790-1911
Fax: (703) 848-2530
Kelly represents community associations in Virginia.
As a community association attorney, Kelly works with community associations to:
• Amend associations’ Articles of Incorporation, Declaration and Bylaws
• Draft and amend Policy Resolutions, Charters and Architectural Guidelines
• Collect and secure delinquent assessments by filing lawsuits and liens and by initiating foreclosure actions
• Interpret restrictive covenants and suggest enforcement methods and options
• Draft and review management and service provider contracts
• Attend annual meetings, Board meetings and covenant violation hearings
• Provide Board Member and Committee Member training
Kelly is successful in securing and collecting delinquent assessments for associations. In one case, Kelly helped a property owner’s association collect over two hundred thousand dollars in delinquent assessments, legal fees and costs within ten months of the association retaining the firm to handle its collection accounts. Kelly works closely with associations to modify their collection practices to increase their likelihood of collecting and securing delinquent assessments while attempting to reduce the costs to the association.
• Graduate of The University of Virginia
• Graduate of The George Washington University Law School
• Barred in Virginia
• Member, Community Associations Institute, Washington Metropolitan Chapter, Member, Education Committee
• “What Can a Community Association Expect When Part of the Common Area is Subject to an Eminent Domain Proceeding?” (August 2010 RB Community Association Newsletter)
• “An Overview of Two Common Homeowners’ Association Litigation Matters” (April 2008 RB Community Association Newsletter)
• “Federal Changes to Pool and Spa Safety Laws” (March 2008 RB Community Association Newsletter)
DISCLAIMER: THE RESULTS OF ANY LEGAL ACTION DEPEND UPON FACTS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. NEITHER REESBROOME, PC, NOR ITS ATTORNEYS GUARANTEE OR PREDICT SIMILAR RESULTS IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY REESBROOME, PC OR ANY OF ITS ATTORNEYS.